How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your New Brunswick smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the center of your home’s security system as it connects your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into a unified system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color interface places you in complete control of your New Brunswick home’s security and automation. Learn more about how it will help you and explore suggestions to get started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in New Brunswick help you?
Wirelessly linking to components with radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your home. You can arm or disarm your system, operate lights, update the thermostat, and more. When integrating a doorbell camera, you may even chat with visitors on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub has a backup battery and cellular functionality to ensure reliable performance. It also offers convenient remote operability via the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s a sample of the duties you can execute:
- View live or recorded footage from your connected security cameras
- Arm or disarm your home’s security
- Switch lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Adjust your home comfort settings
- Speak directly to monitoring professionals
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in New Brunswick by setting schedules or creating rules. For example, you could have your smart thermostat change automatically each night at a certain time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your entrances unlock whenever the smoke alarm trips.
Steps for arming and disarming your security system
Before you jump into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll want to know how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s easy - just abide by these instructions:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will remain in the home and arms everything besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be leaving, and all sensors in your home will engage.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide down the shield icon and input your PIN.
The home screen will show a warning if the system isn’t prepared to arm. For example, an open door will cue you to take action. Note that you can still arm the system by using the above steps. You will then have to verify that you wish to circumvent the sensor that isn’t ready.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in New Brunswick
Despite the fact that many users can be entered when your system is installed, you may want to add an additional user down the road. Here’s how to do it.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right of the welcome screen.
- Press “Users” and input your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Select “Name,” enter the the name you want to use, and press the Next button.
- If you wish to provide the user remote functionality, select email or phone and submit the details to deliver an invite.
- Touch Next and then establish a PIN for this new user.
- To delete a user, go to the menu, tap users, choose the user you wish to delete, and then press “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Do you want to take command of your home’s automation and security via an easy-to-operate touchscreen panel? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new New Brunswick smart home. Dial (732) 607-4656 to get started.